The Caribbean is one of the most popular choices for Destination Weddings, so when Steve and Jorrie picked Beaches Turks and Caicos for their destination wedding, they knew that they made the right decision. Enjoy this destination wedding inspiration from beautiful couple, Steve and Jorrie.
1. Was the destination wedding at Beaches Turks everything the two of you dreamed of for your wedding?
Yes! It was a gem for a destination wedding! Everything from the seashell walkway to the clear blue water in the background to the pure white sand in our toes made for a perfect day!
2. What advice would you give couples planning their destination wedding?
The advice I would give to engaged couples is to not stress about anything! If you book with 2 Travel Anywhere, LLC, she will arrange all the travel details for you and all your guest.
3. Would you recommend getting married at Beaches Resort Turks?
We would absolutely recommend getting married at Beaches, Turks and Caicos! Instead of worrying the week of the wedding about all the wedding events, we were able to spend the time with friends and family in absolute paradise!
4. Did you bring a photographer or use the resort photographers?
We used the hotel photographer, Snapshots, which was included in our wedding package. They did a great job getting all the necessary photos we wanted.
5. How did you decide to have a destination wedding at Beaches Resort?
We researched many different resorts and based on many online reviews we decided to have our wedding at Beaches, Turks and Caicos. We sure did not regret it and wish we could do it all over again and again!
6. How were the wedding planners at the resort?
Our wedding planner was truly specular. She was very accommodating, understanding, and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with everything.
7. Did you cake taste? What flavor cake did you decide to go with?
We got to go to a private cake tasting with our wedding planner, where we got to try five different cake options. Every cake we tasted was delicious!
8. How was the food at the wedding? Did you have a private reception?
The food at the wedding was excellent! We had a private one hour reception with hors d’oeuvres and complimentary drinks. We then went to dinner at one of the restaurants of our choice at the resort.
9. Did you customize your destination wedding?
Yes, we were able to customize our destination wedding anyway we wanted it, from choosing our colors, our timeline, and our location for the ceremony. We also got to add a sea shell walkway down the aisle which was beautiful!
10. What flowers did you decide to go with?
The flowers I chose that were included in the package were seaside serenade. Although I had many options to choose from, my bouquet was my favorite! It was made with seashells and flowers native to the island.
11. How many guest attended the wedding?
We were fortunate enough to have 30 family members and friends attend our special day!
12. What was your guest favorite part of the wedding?
Our guests enjoyed our short but sweet ceremony, we were commented on it saying that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Our guests loved the part where we “trashed the dress” in the ocean and got to join us in doing so!
13. Any advice for engaged couples planning their destination wedding at Beaches or Sandals?
The advice we would give engaged couples would be to definitely look into the option of having a destination wedding. Not only is it the cheaper option but you get to celebrate with you family and friends for more than just a day.
For more on Sandals Resorts’ Caribbean Honeymoon, pick up a copy of Enchanted Brides on newsstands now!